The Course is Designed For:
- Individuals who would like to enter the field of Montessori Early Childhood Education
- Preschool, Kindergarten, and Early Childhood teachers who wish to use the Montessori method and/or Montessori materials in their classrooms
- Teachers who would like to work in already existing Montessori schools
- Individuals who plan to open their own schools and would like to use the Montessori Method
- Teachers who would like to use the concrete Montessori material for remedial work in Reading and Math with children in grades 1st through 3rd
- Special Education teachers who need manipulative and concrete materials to develop neuromuscular skills and abstract ideas.
This course is MACTE accredited
Early Childhood – Course Description
Prerequisites to receive the AMS Early Childhood and AMS Associate Early Childhood Credentials
- Adult learners are not required to have a Bachelor’s degree in order to take the course but must be, as a minimum, a high school graduate. Those who do not have a Bachelor’s degree are eligible to receive an AMS Associate Early Childhood credential. If in the future, a Bachelor’s degree is obtained, the Associate EC credential may be upgraded to an AMS Early Childhood credential.
- In order to receive the AMS Early Childhood credential, the adult learner must have a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
Montessori Center for Teacher Education welcomes diversity in our student body, faculty, and staff. We adhere to a policy of non-discrimination in regard to race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, and gender identity.